About this training course
This CPD-accredited course helps managers to gain a better awareness of psychological safety and trust, and how to build it in teams.
Attendees will understand the importance of psychological safety and how to avoid the detrimental effects of low psychological safety, such as stress, dissatisfaction and lack of communication. Managers will also learn how to foster a culture of participation to broaden perspectives and encourage employee engagement.
Duration: 90 minutes
Psychological Safety exists when someone feels safe to speak up without fear of repercussion or humiliation. It makes people feel that they are accepted and respected within their organisation and are free to express their concerns, question practices and admit mistakes. It is the core component to unlocking the quality of the conversations and outcomes in your team.
ObjectivesGaining a better awareness and understanding of psychological safety will help managers to avoid the detrimental effects of low psychological safety, such as stress, dissatisfaction, and lack of communication. Using a combination of the latest research and relevant case studies this training is designed to help managers learn how to foster a culture of participation, broaden perspectives and review openness, and encourage engagement and team learning.
- A clear understanding of what psychological safety is and what it is not.
- Understanding why psychological safety is so important.
- Understanding the various ways that psychological safety impacts teams and affects outcomes.
- Understanding of the relationship between psychological safety and trust.
- Knowledge of practical ways to increase psychological safety within a team.