About this training course
Neurodiversity is the term used to describe natural variations in the human brain. One in five people are neurodivergent, meaning their brain functions differently in one or more ways than is considered ‘standard or typical’.
Training in neurodiversity helps managers to support and champion those within their teams who are neurodivergent.
Delivery: Virtual / In-person
Duration: 90 minutes
Gaining a better awareness and understanding of neurodiversity can help everyone to promote inclusivity within their organisation, and to embrace differences in brain function as a natural feature of any workplace population.
Using a combination of latest research, case studies and up-to-date language, this training is designed to provide managers with an overall understanding of neurodiversity and to obtain the knowledge and skills to support neuro-divergent individuals to be able to contribute their talents and reach their full potential at work.
- A clear understanding of what neurodiversity is
- Understanding why supporting neurodiversity at work matters
- Understanding what neurodivergent individuals can bring to the organisation
- How to remove common barriers
- Awareness of the potential of different neurodivergent thinking styles
- Knowledge of common challenges faced by people who are neurodivergent
- Understanding of essential changes to recruitment and selection processes
- Practical ways and suggestions to create increased inclusion for neurodivergent employees
Who should attend?
This course is designed to provide managers with the awareness, understanding and
confidence to attract and support neurodivergent individuals at work.
Slide deck with video content. Interactive content using polls, quizzes and chat function.