Introduction to inclusio
We believe that the successful business of today must be a reflection of the society and the world in which it lives. Our mission is to Make Difference Count.
Inclusio is a first of its kind, science-based, data-led, diversity and inclusion platform. We combine technology, psychology and AI to deliver a scientific approach to measuring diversity and inclusion. By achieving measurable results, empowering and educating organisations to value diversity, we offer transparency in a world that now demands it. We help organisations respond to regulatory, investor, customer and employee expectations on diversity and inclusion.
Background and Role
The inclusio Risk and Compliance Department is responsible for all aspects of data protection, GDPR, policy management, risk, compliance and Information Security Management System (ISMS) including ISO and SOC audits/certifications.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Privacy & Compliance Officer, with experience in Continuous Improvement, Risk & Compliance Management, Policy Management, Audit ISO9001 & ISO27001 & GDPR.
This role is ideal for a person who is confident in their knowledge, is highly motivated to broaden their skills and their responsibilities. The ideal candidate will have excellent organisational, communication, and leadership skills, and also the ability to lead training sessions and workshops with members of staff.
As the Data Privacy & Compliance Officer, you will monitor internal compliance and ensure that the company processes personal data in compliance with applicable data protection laws. You will be responsible for demonstrating GDPR compliance and cooperation with the data protection authority. You will collaborate closely with your colleagues and other functions that are involved in processing personal data.
Monitor compliance of the organisation with all legislation in relation to data protection, including in audits, awareness-raising activities as well as training of staff involved in processing operations;
- Advise on, and monitor the processes for, data protection impact assessments, with a view to continuously improving these to both meet and exceed compliance standards
- Cooperate with DPAs and act as a contact point for DPAs on issues relating to processing
- Responsible for the coordination and implementation of a compliance programme for the General Data Protection Regulation
- Lead a cross functional team of specialists responsible for GDPR risk-mitigation.
- Responsible for establishing a program of works, aligned to the Data Privacy Office strategy and direction, to deliver compliance objectives, ensuring resourcing and coordination of all work streams within timeframes
- Prepare and deliver informal training in GDPR program activities.
- Provide routine reports to senior management on the organisation’s compliance position, highlighting emerging risk, investigations related to compliance.
- Act as the first point of contact:
- For the Data Commissioners Office about data protection matters and to provide any evidence of compliance requested and in relation to breach management.
- For requests from individuals regarding the processing of their personal data and the exercise of their rights;
- For all data protection matters including incidents and breach management.
- Ensure that data protection is addressed by default and in the design of any new system and information process.
- Develop and advise on the creation and maintenance of policies, procedures which relate to compliance.
- Periodically carry out or facilitate regular privacy audits and review to ensure compliance.
- Manage internal information security management systems and ISO27001 and SOC 2 certifications
Our Culture at inclusio
Our people are at the centre of everything we do and every decision we make. We value and embrace diversity. We believe that people should be valued for their differences and have the opportunity to contribute to meaningful work with a sense of pride and achievement.
We are proud of our inclusive and flexible culture with the opportunity to work from anywhere.
Working together, we hold integrity, trust and commitment in the highest regard as we commit to a positive IMPACT in everything we do.
We also like to be creative and have fun at work!
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take experience into consideration. Consider applying if your experience is close to what we described above. Please let us know if you require any accommodations to apply for this role or throughout the process.
Benefits and Package
We offer a very competitive package including share options.